county line tiller vs king kutter county line tiller vs king kutter

For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. When tilling with a King Kutter, you can see the chunks flying out of the machine. Value-Leader 37 Adjustable Offset 3pt Rotary Tiller FH-TL95, Top 3 Best Shoe to Wear with Walking Boot, 5 Of The Best Ultimate Frisbee Cleats Reviews (Newly Updated), Top 5 Best Shoes for Tarsal Tunnel in the Market today, Best Men Dress Shoes for Plantar Fasciitis Reviews. For hard soil, the tiller must have sufficient weight to keep it from bouncing. Tillers are introduced in different attachments so that the farmers can change their planting routines without throwing old tools. Thats probably my best option and Ill keep the land pride QH 05 as a backup for my other implements if needed. Does that help? you need a tractor that has very slow gears for hard first time ground. Further, if you observe the county tiller a sticker is present on the implement. So its a good resell value too. Not even one! It is not offsetyet meets all of those requirements. If you look on the sticker on the implement, it states "for questions contact King Kutter at (phone number)". Language: English English; Currency: USD . What? Tillers do not work well due to the tractor being too fast. Its plenty heavy and seems to operate smoothly. So far I have not broken and extend pin but I think Tim mentioned that he has broken one. I have used it extensively on 3 gardens and over 2 acres of food plots. Really soil content, ground speed, and rear gate setting have a lot to do with the depth too. It is the first 3 pt. Without such protection, something has to give. Counter-Rotating Tiller VS Forward Rotating, Disc Harrow vs Tiller: An In-Depth Comparison. Dae06 you will love the adjustable center hook on Harbor Freight Hitch. In a second pass of any ground, it can till up to 10-15 inches down. It is a compressed, lightweight, efficient, and easy-to-operate tiller. It is quick hitch capable and is chain driven and a forward direction tiller. County Line 4ft Tiller (Tarter) NoNonsenseKnowHow 351K subscribers Join Subscribe 2.3K Share Save 248K views 2 years ago Video about a Brand New 48" County Line tiller from Tractor. King Kutter Rotary Kutter W-Slip Clutch - 72in, Model L-72-40-SC, 40 HP, King Kutter Gear-Driven Reverse Tine Rotary Tiller, Model, RTG-72 - 72in.W, King Kutter Rear Discharge Finish Mower - 72in. It is difficult to measure exactly, so I understand what you are saying. Most tillers rotate in the same direction as the tires turn. Moreover, you will observe that King Kutters contact number is mentioned on each product. At first I didnt have a quick hitch. This is a great tiller for the money. Im guessing thats hp at the PTO?) Add to Cart. But that is not the case! Buckle Up Johnny! It is light in weight and pulls conveniently. When I got home and went to fill the gearboxes this is what I found. I have two of these units and they are both still going strong with heavy use. County Line and King Kutter makes such similar tillers that they are often considered the same. For these tractors, Kubota BX, Deere 1-series, Massey GC17xx, etc, get a 4 ft tiller. Local JD dealer carries Woods RT48.30.30. So, if you want to know [], Comparison Table Mantis Garden Tiller: Mantis is the most famous small tiller machine in the world. Like I said, we are getting the quick attach system today which will give us more length and should work just fine, but it was just puzzling how much would need cut off. Moreover, it also manufactures wonderful rototillers in the USA. The Take a close look at the Tartar (or County Line) 4 ft tiller. If I can help, i do. But it hangs low so you may want to use the dual adjustable lift links Tim shows in another video. So there is not a big price difference between these two. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paNcEjYDWiY You will not be able to tell which type of drive is used by looking at the tiller, as this drive is fully encased and enclosed to keep the oil in and dirt out. It is now safe to leave the computer. If you are considering a tractor mounted tiller you may be seeing many different models, wondering which size, style, or brand is the right tiller for you. JavaScript is disabled. This allows you to till without leaving tire tracks, but only in one direction. When I first got it, I didnt expect to use it much. And the 72-inch models use 35-50 HP engines. The Countyline tillers have a broken gearbox quite often. I have not used the tiller but I bought a County Line 5-foot brush hog this spring. All subcompact tractors sold now have hydrostatic transmissions. Yes I have shoes adjusted to be their deepest setting. Not sure if the variations are due to location or time. Don't see how you are going to go much deeper. The harbor freight one is $100, and when on sale can be even cheaper. This is because it can till a larger area but it tills in forwards which is a bit problematic for the tractor. Home page; Parts Tiller I have owned. How about tine shape; L or C? Mine is almost 2 years old. Any tip on this problem? Any idea of the best way to get this to work? Johns Mower Store, Secure Payment with PayPal - Free 30 day money back guarantee when you ! I have the Land pride QH 05 and the top hook is fixed. The King Kutter tillers are usually amazing. You can get away with a 60 tiller in an existing garden. Theyre ready to go right out of the box with a quick-hitch system. Decals of both King Kutter and County line tiller are changed. CountyLine Rotary Tiller is perfect for cultivating, aerating, and OrangeTractorTalks brings together Kubota enthusiasts from around the world, into one place, purpose built just for them. The King Kutter has a better resell value mainly as it has a more durable build. Overall, I would choose the forward rotating tiller again if I were to buy another one. King Kutter Box Frame Disc Harrow - 6 1/2ft Wide, 20-20-NBF. Tim Marks has a very nice write up here Choose the Right Tiller for Your Compact Tractor Tractor Time with Tim You'll be happy with whatever you []. The Countyline tillers of the 48 to 60 inch range are priced all between $2,000 to $2,900. THANKS Tim! Yes, I needed to cut the shaft to work without the quick hitch. PGF Double-Action Sickle Bar Mower - Cutting Width, Model SKM284, 7-Ft. King Kutter Rear Discharge Finish Mower - 60in, Model, RFM-60. ), 3 offset is the only flaw. Overall, the products of king Kutter are valuable. Reverse Rotation forces the tiller to dig-in deeper by pulling backwards against the natural direction of travel. Full or less and then increase it as you move forward? Land Pride, King Kutter, and Tartar both make excellent tillers. This machinery creates hoof-shaped hills and a silty soil surface by combining digging, sowing, and pulling. I do think if you own one of these it's worth checking the shaft alignment. Im not aware of any differences, except for price. From the reading I have done the counter-rotating is the same thing as reverse rotation. After a while, though, those rocks get cleared from the garden and no longer present trouble. If you already have an account with us, please login at the login form. Cutting the PTO shaft is not difficult, as I illustrate in the above episode. Some Tartar models can be converted between forward and reverse tine rotation. 2023 TractorByNet.com | TractorByNet is a registered trademark of IMC Digital Universe, Inc. Other trademarks on this page are the property of their respective owners. Buyers think this move of the TSC is really good. How much of a pain is this? Some might say that these tools [], September 4, 2021 by Rogergardner Leave a Comment, King Kutter is the manufacturer of County Line Tillers that are wonderful garden farmers or tillers. And i do. For the King Kutter brand, the King Kutter II models are offset when in the 4 width. Until next time! Just under 25 hp, and just under 4 in width. my last tractor was way to fast in 1st gear. You have been logged off your account. I will NOT have a tiller that doesnt have a slip clutch. Although xb was looked easily motifiable Im not sure about the lift arm pins being so long. In the case of square back cutters, the price ranges from $1,500 - 2,000. Ok. This is an interesting market where the US built product is lowest price and (in my opinion) the highest quality available. Moreover, the prices pay off! Except for these two, theres not much maintenance for these tillers. And so on. King Kutter Heavy-Duty Rotary Kutter - 72in. Hi Tim, Now, if you are buying the quick hitch, dont make any cuts until you get it installed, because you will want the shaft LONGER with the quick hitch than without it. The offset may make it show just a bit of tire track on one side of the 47 wide tractor. Im not sure which mechanism I prefer. Established in 2009, we are the largest online community of Kubota tractor and equipment owners. So I cut the shaft as long as I thought would workreally longer than it should have been. I have been reading that tillers for that tractor is not recommended. Thanks, I realize the KK2 is offset to cover your tracks but it seems when I watch your videos the tracks are covered by the Xb. My experience with a reverse rotation tiller is limited to the walk-behind variety, as neighbor Bob had one. I have the tarter/country line. You didnt touch on reverse direction and its pros & cons. I don***8217;t want to cut down my PTO shaft until I***8217;m sure I can use it. NorTrac 3-Pt. But figured I'd make the money back on it next day so I decided to purchase it anyway. Adjustable runners for working depths from 1 in. Does not reverse and I don't want it to as it could and would throw rocks at me. That extra patch of land transforming into your own personal paradise cannot happen in one day. Such as the John Deere 2032R and 2038R compact tractors are ideal for the County Line 5 foot Rotary Tiller. It may not display this or other websites correctly. My woods says is depth is 7 but I can only get around 11/2-2. King Kutter quit making these in 2012 they told me. On the other hand, a Countylinealso comes with a limited 1-year warranty. I have a walk behind and it is a husqvarna tiller Counter-rotating tines just wondering if any tractor tillers have one? Frustrating. Search. On the surface, the gear drive would seem more durable, but the simplicity of the chain drive has its advantages too. Thus many other works could have been done in good ways. Add to Cart. Regular maintenance of King Kutter includes forward belt, engine crankcase, levels of tiller transmission grease and tire pressure, etc. Just go get any tiller you see. Johns Mower Store, Secure Payment with PayPal - Free 30 day money back guarantee when you ! Both models are the same price, here locally. For example, the price of the County line rotary cutter ranges from $1,500 -1,800. Thats what the owners manual suggested also. what tillers would do best on a kubota bx25 2015. Im installing that trick today so I can keep Johnnys tail from dragging in trash and over bumps and ruts. The times dont appear to extend but 1 1/2-2 below the level of the shoes. The slip-clutch allows the operator to adjust it as necessary. I wouldn't own a reverse tine rotating tiller if I had any rocks in my garden. KING KUTTER II GEAR DRIVEN ROTARY TILLERS are designed to perform with its heavy duty gear drive and square tube frame. Because they are designed as per request or companys requirement. Maybe second or third pass. Hal, I have a video showing how to make the King Kutter XB Quick Hitch compatible. Learn how your comment data is processed. Is there a CargoBuckle in your future? good luck! Looking at a slightly used 5 with asking price of $1,200. The King Kutter XB (like mine) is not quick hitch compatible, and is not quite as heavy as the King Kutter II, but it spins faster, and it is centered. I nearly hit some things while looking back fascinated at how well the four blades chop through that clay I couldnt break with a shovel and turn it into soft dirt (at least until it rains and packs into near rock again). Hope this isnt way too late for you. I also have two sons that are welders, so if there are any issues, I should have that covered. However, it is easy to be happy with the King Kutter with no heavy use. Have you had any issues. Also, I didn't mention in the video but I did get a price break on this when I bought it, but only due to the fact that it was missing the drive shaft and slip clutch. The bolt is sized appropriately so that it will break (shear) before any damage occurs to the equipment. After extensive research, I settled on this tiller as it had virtually identical features and weight of other brands which cost more. It is capable of tilling an airplane too, as stated by some users. This is a private label exclusive to TSC. Bogor Tim., Kota Bogor, Jawa Barat 16142, Indonesia. The warranty is not transferrable. Raya Pajajaran No.19, RT.03/RW.06, Sukasari, Kec. Yes, I had to cut the new shaft. There is a bonus to a 510 lb tiller, hanging out back it is a great ballast for rooting about with the loader. Most importantly, which should you buy? [] this:Choose the Right Tiller for Your Compact Tractor Tractor Time with Tim and []. Without sturdiness, you may not have the desired control over the machine. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. Now for a special TTWT thought which likely almost every reader will disagree with. Woods also makes great tillers. Good info Tim. Close. Of course, if you have one of the 25hp larger frame tractors (3025E, L2501, etc), you may not have sufficient horsepower to handle a full-tractor-width tiller. Moreover, their components are almost the same. Then, when I got the quick hitch, it was/is perfect. There are three major brands that I know of (and maybe a few smaller brands, Im not sure) which are made in the USA. The QH15 at my dealer was like $450 I think. 114K views 8 years ago 5 Foot County Line rotary tiller used to till and prepare the soil for the garden. JavaScript is disabled. It is full cat 1, and centered behind the tractor. CountyLine Tiller, 60 in. Also, many people who are stuck with such an occupation also ask what the primary difference between soil pulverizer and the tiller is. King Kutter. I am in Maine and looking for a tiller for my 1025R. King Kutter II TG 60 Rotary Tiller. After much research Ive narrowed my tiller purchase down to two models and trying to determine which one would work best on my 2019 JD 1025R. I believe Tarter makes these now. I started with tillers back in 1980 with a Howard 48 wide Rotovator. Self-sharpening Tines Engine N/A 25-50 HP Warranty 2-years 1 Year Blade Box Blades Mower blades Full Details Full Details King Kutter vs Tarter Tiller Tiller vs Soil Pulverizer County Line Tillers: If you run the tiller over another time, it will go as far as 7 inches. John Mower Store is now available on Google Play & App Store. Both are the same products. However, I would not fault others for choosing the reverse rotation, as they certainly have their advantages. The other drive choice consists of a series of gears which transfer the power from the upper shaft to the tiller axle shaft. - 2127109 | Tractor Supply Company, http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/attachments/139287-countyline-tractor-supply.html. The last page of the manual is the warranty page and has KingkutterII at the top of the page. Updated to include a section on reverse rotation tillers. For example, one of our most loyal subscribers (Levi/mi2tn) has a 60 tiller for his 1026R. What Did You Say? I have used it a little and so for so good. The paint seems to be of poor quality. They are summarized below: Working performance, blades, ease of use, motor power etc are a few things to consider when buying tillers. I bought it used. John Mower Store is now available on Google Play & App Store. Optimally, you will choose a tiller which is just a bit wider than the max width of your tractor. Tiller Width, Model# TG-72-Y (Best 6 ft Rotary Tiller) Key Features: Can operate even with grass or red clay Durable Spare parts can rapidly be found Quality Durability Ease of Use Cost The king kutter rotary tiller is ideal if you need a garden tractor with a tiller. Thanks in part to your many videos, I know the XB will work. You can take a tape measure with you to the store however and tell if it will work pretty quick with some measurements. Its cutting tines broader than other tillers. (You never knew). The only thing that MIGHT prevent this would be a reverse-rotation tiller discussed below. It almost always comes through for us. If you have ANY questions about the operation of this online shop, please contact the store owner. Although the final look of its paint is not good. I have a 2038 large frame 38 HP JD Looking to purchase the King Kutter Tiller 60 inch but I am not sure about tine rotation. Just got a BX2670 and am wondering if I get the county line tiller from TSC, will I have to cut down the pto shaft? Thanks again for the great site. This is one statistic that you should be sure to check. The TSC here in Plant City had 2 tillers of each label and they looked identical down to the number and placement of every bolt. As of yet, I have not heard a single person say that they dont like their tiller. This spec may be hard to find on some tillers. PGF Double-Action Sickle Bar Mower - Cutting Width, Model SKM296, 8-Ft. Oil bath lubrication with all gear-driven driveline. Before you make that choice, please review the list of differentiators above. We make consolidating, marketing and tracking your social media website easy. The structure and welds come in good working order. In terms of tilling, County Line stays firm. The only exceptions would be if the tiller is heavier than the tractors 3 point hitch can lift. So Tsc has two Countryline 4 tillers. Add to Wishlist. Moreover, if the cells get trapped out in the rain, the KK domed top wont have water setting on it. Make sure you know that there is a Countyline or King Kutter dealership in your area. One is hear drive & one is a subcompact version with chain drive. Moreover, you will observe that King Kutter's contact number is mentioned on each product. Again, choose an offset 4 ft. model in this case. Video demonstrates rotary tiller by (County Line). In past years multiple advances take place in gardening. First, is your tiller a foward or reverse direction? At 510 pounds this thing digs just fine even in my rock-like clay. A common solution is inserting corn head grease inside the oil of the gearbox. Stihls unique products and functions have propelled them to the top of the sales charts for fossil portable [], If you want to take care of your lawn, you will need different tools. Of course, tsc doesnt stock the subcompact model. Second, check the flow valve for the 3 point is fully open (usually just between seat & floorboard). All King Kutter Fillers are made in Gallipolis Ohio. Ill refer to this as Tiller Rule #1. King Kutter is more mid range. We have clay soil in these parts. Surprisingly, there is sometimes a fairly big difference. I just hate to have to buy another one. If you're planning on purchasing a three-point tiller and want to get maximum life out of it, you should definitely watch this video. Which one is best? If you look on the sticker on the implement, it states "for questions contact King Kutter at (phone number)".

Pinellas County Apartments Under $700, Protoceratops Habitat, Articles C

No Comments

county line tiller vs king kutter

Post A Comment
kanye west voice generator ×